Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Christmas Miracle

We had some exciting news to share in November...


My pregnancy had been normal, just like my first.  Morning sickness (all day sickness), super tired, etc. So when on a normal day, just a week before Christmas, I ended up in the ER, we thought that this baby would be another we'd have to wait and meet in heaven.
It was late in the afternoon and Nathaniel had just woken up to get ready for work.  I felt the urge to run to the bathroom and experience the unexpected.  Nathaniel scrambled to find someone to tend to Bridgette, while calling an ambulance for unconscious, bloody me.  Help arrived for me and Bridgette, and we all headed to the hospital.  After two and a half hours of being hooked to an IV, being cleaned up, and dealing with the aches in our hearts, I was sent to get an ultrasound to make sure no further procedures needed to be done.  I laid there waiting, with Nathaniel by my side, waiting to hear the results, when the ultrasound tech said, "There's a baby in there!"  After 5 minutes of crying and measuring, we found we had a healthy, strong baby still growing inside.  My ER doctor came in to see the results, almost fell to the floor from disbelief, and ordered me bedrest until my next dr. appointment (5 days).  Those five days were long and challenging, but we had a lot of help from family, Nathaniel was still on school break, and I was able to stay in bed.  My doctor is still unsure to what did cause this, but this we know: baby and I are safe and healthy, I am on doctors orders to only do what I really have to everyday (having a 2 year old challenges that), no exercising, I feel very lazy, Nathaniel is working triple time with work, school, and helping with more than his share of home responsibilities, and finally, we had a wonderful Christmas.  We are so grateful for this little baby and await the day to meet this little fighter!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, that is so scary and incredibly miraculous! Wow. Luke was pulling the same shift as Than with our last two babies because I was always in so much pain. Full time work, full time school and house duty too. I felt so bad and it was really hard on him. Even though the next few months will few like an eternity for both of you, you will get through it, I promise! Let me know if you need anything! I can always bring my brood down for the day and clean your house if you want. That's a very serious offer, I'm not just being nice. Please let me know and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arika, it's always comforting to hear from those who have been in my shoes. And you and your kiddos are always welcome to come down and visit!

      Delete